The Church in the Fork A History of Historic Little Fork Church

By: Boyle, Andrew J.

Price: $9.97

Quantity: 1 available

Book Condition: Very Good with no dust jacket


Red cover with gilt print. Numerous surname references. A history of the church which is located in Culpeper, Va. Gift inscription in front. Little Fork Church, St. Mark's Parish, is Culpeper County's only Colonial church. It was ordered into existence in 1731 as a "chapel of ease" within the Little Fork between the Rappahannock and Hazel Rivers by Governor Spotswood. Services at Little Fork ceased at the onset of the Civil War. Early in the war, the church grounds were used as a drill field by the "Little Fork Rangers", more correctly known as Co. D 4th Virginia Cavalry. Later, Union troops quartered at the church destroyed most of the interior furnishings for firewood in the cold winter of 1863, leaving only the shell of the building and the reredos on the east wall. (The Diocese of Va) ; Photographs; 8vo 8" - 9" tall; 107 pages

Book Title: The Church in the Fork A History of Historic Little Fork Church

Author Name: Boyle, Andrew J.

Categories: Religion,

Edition: First Edition; First Impression

Publisher: Culpeper, Va, Little Fork Preservation Committee: 1983

Binding (hardback, paperback, etc.): Hardcover

Book Condition: Very Good with no dust jacket

Seller ID or SKU: 61595

Keywords: Episcopal RELIGION History Culpeper County Virginia Genealogy,